Hello Everybody! I came across an Altec A-150C "Amplifier" that was used as the preamp for amps in a cinema/movie theater. It has Altec 4629 input transformers. Should I buy it, and can I run a cd player through the unit to drive my 1568 and 1569 amplifiers, which power VOTs? Are these input transformers more for low powered sources like microphones or turntables? I came across a schematic for an A-150-A Amplifier, which is very similar in appearance, and was located between projectors sound output and power amps. The A-150-A apparently came out sometime around 1953. Any info would be appreciated. I love Altec gear for home listening, but am in no way and expert. I did rehab the 1568 and 1569 amps and VOT cabs, which are really nice on the ears, though. Anyway, if you can share your experience and knowledge I'd really appreciate it! Thanks in advance for your time taken in replying to my questions! Robert